If you have considered making a career in aquatics, then becoming a Swim Teacher is one of the best options. Teaching swimming is fun and rewarding too. The AUSTSWIM ‘Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety™’ courses develop skills and abilities of the candidates and lead them to become successful Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety.
The AUSTSWIM Teacher License™ is important for every swimming and water safety Teachers and recognised almost all countries in the world.
Now you can get an opportunity to become AUSTSWIM certified swim teachers in Bangalore.
Date: 13th and 14th Jan 2018
Venue: Kensington Swimming Pool, Ulsoor, Bangalore, India 560008
Date: 20th and 21st Jan 2018
Venue: Netkallappa Aquatic Centre, Bangalore
Criteria and Requirements to be Fulfilled to Avail AUSTSWIM Teacher License and Certificate:
In order to become an AUSTSWIM Licensed Teacher™, you will need to complete the Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety™ accreditation. This is the base accreditation that you must gain preferably before you can attempt any of the extension courses.
The AUSTSWIM TSW course in India is approximately 16-20 (16-20 hours in Australia) hours of classroom and practical sessions, plus supervised on the job teaching hours (hands on exposure) and assessment to be completed post the completion of classroom and practical sessions. Topics include:
- Plan, Deliver and Review a Lesson
- How People Learn
- Being an Effective Teacher
- Principles of Movement in Water
- Aquatic Safety, Survival and Rescue Skills
- Teaching Safer Diving Skills
- Water Familiarisation, Buoyancy and Mobility
- Towards Efficient Stroke Development
- Legal Responsibilities for the AUSTSWIM Teacher™
To gain the AUSTSWIM accreditation, the following assessment components must be satisfactorily completed within 12 months of the course commencement date.
- On-line Theory Assessment (completed after attending a course).
- Continuous Aquatic Sequence.
- Practical Demonstration of Teaching Skills, Including the Preparation of Lesson Plans.
- Demonstrate Competence in Water Safety Techniques.
- Practical Teaching Hours Including Observation, Supervised Teaching and Verification of Teaching Competency.
- Show Evidence of Holding a Current Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Award.
- Teacher Declaration (completed on-line with theory exam).
- Submit Photo for AUSTSWIM Teacher License™.
Limited slots are available; Registrations will be on first-come-first-served basis.
For more Information about the Course, Presenter and Fees, Contact:
Mobile: +91 96202 10585