The senior swimmers put on a memorable finals performance on the second day of the 70th Glenmark Senior National Aquatic Championship – 2016, Ranchi as the spectators cheered with screams, whistles and motivating compering!
Here's a summary of events on Day 2:
- Shri Kamlesh Nanavati, upon interviewing, shared objectives of the Swimming Federation of India and selection of champions from the Senior National Aquatic Championships to compete in the upcoming International Championships.
- National Coach Mr. Pradeep Kumar shared winning words regarding swimming in India.
- Olympian Shivani Kataria expressed the contentment in the organising of the National Championships and talked about the championships and achievements ahead of time.
- A total of 8 final Swimming events constituted day 2. Results & Startlists
- 6 water polo events, 4 events for boys and 2 for girls took place at the venue. Water Polo Results
- The swimming events concluded with two relay events. Relay Results
- Two events of Diving took place at the same venue. Diving Results
- RSPB topped the medal tally with a leading 7 golds, while and Maharashtra retains the second position. Medal Table
- Karnataka bags as many as 13 medals, the single gold takes it to the fourth position.
- Olympian Sajan Prakash creates a New National Record of 1:59.35 in the event of 200m Butterfly, Men, re-writes the National Record of Aaron D'Souza (2:00.90) set in 2013. Records
- Team R.S.P.B creates the second National Record on Day 2 in the event of 4x100m Freestyle Medley, Men with a timing of 03:48.95.
Medals: The three states that made it to the top three positions in the Medal Table are: