The senior swimmers on Day 3 did not seem to ease up in spite of the relentless back to back events from three consecutive days of the 70th Glenmark Senior National Aquatic Championships - 2016, Ranchi. They kept up their spirits and set four new national records.
- The swimming prelims kept the morning session going for the swimmers.
- In a short interview, Head Coach Partha Majumder, SGTIDM, Delhi shared the motive of SGTIDM programme in the transformation of swimming as a sport, about their vision of Indian swimmers in 2020 and 2024 Olympics, by getting the right facility of international standards.
He also mentioned that this is the first time a medal has been won by a SGTIDM swimmer in senior nationals.
- The 7 final swimming events kept the venue buzzing with cheers & anxiety. Results & Startlists
- 6 water polo events, 4 events for boys and 2 for girls took place at the venue. Water Polo Results
- A new national record was created in the only relay event of the day by Team Gujarat. Relay Results
- Olympian Sajan Prakash creates a new national record for the second time during the championship.
- Two events of Diving took place at the same venue. Diving Results
- The participants outperformed during the evening session with 4 new national records.
- The top three states retain their positions as the first two days of the championships. Medal Table
Records: 4 New national records set on Day 3 of 70th Glenmark Senior National Aquatic Championships - 2016, Ranchi Records
|Shivani Kataria||Haryana||200m Freestyle, Women||02:06.97|
|Arvind Mani||Karnataka||200m Backstroke, Men||02:05.46|
|Sajan Prakash||R.S.P.B||100m Butterfly, Men||00:54.43|
|Gujarat||Gujarat||4 x 50m Medley Relay, Mixed||01:53.42|
Medals: The Medal Table on Day 3: