Rashtriya Life Saving Society (India) invites swimmers from all over India to ‘Rescue INDIA 2016’ National Pool, Beach & Ocean Lifesaving Sports Championships. Athletes of all ages will gather together to contest in exhilarating lifesaving events. It is guaranteed that this will be an action-packed competition.
Date: 25th to 28th May 2016
POOL EVENTS: Kalidas Pool, Mulund, Mumbai.
BEACH & OCEAN EVENTS: Silver Beach, Juhu, Mumbai.
P.S.: We are also accepting expression of Interest from Officials and Volunteers to contribute in organizing the competitions. We are conducting an Official's Workshop with free certification. It will be held on 24th May 2016 at Andheri Sports Complex by SLSA & RLSSI. Registration applicable.
For queries/details, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Last Date for entry : 18th May 2016 (Entry fees Rs. 1,600/-)
- Athletes shall send their travel & stay details to Coordinator - Life Saving Sports, RLSS (I) by 18th May 2016.
NOTE: The Entry Fee comprises event fee (4 Individual & 3 Group), participant kit, accommodation and
refreshments during the event (Breakfast + Lunch).
For Further Information Contact:
Karn Ragade ( Event Coordinator)
Mobile number +91 954 593 9524, write to us at email@example.com
Visit www.lifesavingindia.org | Office address: Rashtriya Life Saving Society (India) National
Headquarters Operations Office -B4/101, Lunkad Daffodils Viman Nagar 411014
Background of the Event
- This is a platform for all our elite athletes to perform their best and gain an opportunity to represent RLSS(I) and India at the World Rescue Life Saving Championships 2016 at Netherlands.
- The “Rescue India Events (Pool & Ocean)” have been organized by Rashtriya Life Saving Society for over a decade to grow and nurture life-saving sports athletes.
- It is an opportunity for lifesavers from all over the country to display their talents and meet other like-minded athletes of the large Indian Lifesaving Family.
Know what is Lifesaving Sports, Eligibility, Advantages and More.
For Swimmers who wish to participate:
- If you are a swimmer who knows the Lifesaving sports but are not certified Lifesavers:
Please make sure you have registered for the event online to attend the Crash Course Certification on 24th May 2016. Please report at the venue by 11 am on the same day.
- If you are a swimmer but do not know Lifesaving sports with or without lifesaver/lifeguard certification:
You will be trained with State Lifesaving Sports Coach, followed by the Crash Course Certification on 24th May 2016.
Please send your details to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: The participants must comply the following prerequisites to be an LSS Athlete:
- Should be a swimmer
- Should be able to swim 500 meters in 15 minutes
- Should be a certificate holder as a Lifesaver/Lifeguard from any recognized body
- Should know about the LSS events
- Must be healthy and medically fit to perform the events
Who Can Participate?
- Male and female swimmers belonging to any state in India.
- Age category Under - 12, 14, 16 years & Open.
- Entries are open to every lifesaver and lifeguard.
- Participant must be a certified lifesaver.
- Participant must be medically fit.
- Officials and volunteers from RLSS (I) zones to assist with the organization of the events.
Method of Registration
- All the athletes/ team managers/ team coaches shall submit the attached entry form to National
Headquarters with all details mentioned in the form. Click here to download the Entry Form.
- Participants can also register online through SwimIndia.
- Attach one photograph with your name written behind & copy of Birth Certificate (Not for Open group).
- An age proof and Govt. ID proof is a must.
- You must also carry the original L/saving or L/Guard Certificate & original Birth Certificate with you to be shown if challenged.
- Entry fees are Rs. 1,600/- per participant. Entries must reach on or before 18th May ’16.
- Entry fee for the event allows participation in four individual events.
- Entries can be made by submitting completed Entry Form along with a cheque/demand draft for Entry Fees drawn in favour of “RLSS (I)-A/C Rescue India 2016”. To be sent to: Karn Ragade, Lifesaving Sports Coordinator, B/4 101, Lunkad Daffodils, Viman Nagar, Pune – 411014.
- Alternatively, BankTransfer to:
- Beneficiary Name : “Rashtriya Life Saving Society- Rescue India 2016”
- Bank Name : The Catholic & Syrian Bank Limited
- Address : 26/4, Matchwell Factory Road, Ramwadi, Pune 411014.
- IFSC Code : CSBK0000282
- Swift Code : CSYBIN55
- Account Number: 028203669059190001
- The Entry Fee comprises event fee (4 Individual & 3 Group), participant kit, accommodation and
refreshments during the event (Breakfast + Lunch).
- Registration once made cannot be cancelled. Entry Fees are non-refundable.
- Team Managers/Coaches are also to fill up attached Individual Entry Form with photograph.
- Individual & Consolidated entries must be sent through Courier or Speed Post ONLY.
- All participants must bring their own personal gears like costumes, cap, fins, goggles, etc.
- Outstation athletes can make reservations for flight or train from their respective locations.
- Local transport by bus/car between the venue and accommodation shall be arranged by organizers of‘Rescue INDIA 2016, National Pool & Beach Championships.
- Athletes shall send their travel & stay details to Coordinator - Life Saving Sports, RLSS (I) by 18th
of May 2016 .
Accommodation shall be provided by event organizer near by the swimming pool. Basic commodities shall be available at the accommodation. Athletes are requested to carry following items for comfortable stay:
- Bed sheets/ sleeping bags
- Mosquito repellant
- Lock and key facility
Pool/Stillwater, Beach And Surf Events
|Pool and Stillwater Events||Beach and Surf Events|
|- 200m Obstacle Swim
- 100m Obstacle Swim
- 50 m Manikin Carry
- 100 m Rescue Medley
- 100 m Manikin Carry with Fins
- 100 m Manikin Tow with Rescue Tube/Fins
- 200 m Super Lifesaver
- Line Throw
- 4x25m Manikin Relay
- 4x50 m Obstacle Relay
- 4x50 m Medley Relay
- 100 m Lifesaving by Boat
- Simulated Emergency Response Competition (SERC)
|- Surf Race
- Surf Teams Race
- Rescue Tube Rescue
- Rescue Tube Race
- Run - Swim - Run
- Beach Flags
- Beach Sprint
- Beach Run
- Beach Relay
- Surf Ski Race
- Surf Ski Relay
- Board Race
- Board Relay
- Board Rescue
- Ironman / Ironwoman
- Taplin Relay
- Surf Boat Race
- Inflatable Rescue Boat (IRB) Rescue
- IRB Team Rescue
- IRB Rescue Tube Rescue
|AGE GROUPS FOR
As on date of event
|U- 12||BOYS & GIRLS|
|U- 14||BOYS & GIRLS|
|U- 16||BOYS & GIRLS|
|OPEN||BOYS & GIRLS|
|P1||50 mtrs Manikin carry (half fill)||U -12, 14||BOYS/GIRLS|
|P2||50 mtrs Manikin carry||U -16, Open||BOYS/GIRLS|
|P3||100 mtrs Manikin carry with fins (half fill)||U -12, 14||BOYS/GIRLS|
|P5||100 mtrs Manikin carry with fins||U -16, Open||BOYS/GIRLS|
|P6||100 mtrs Rescue medley||U -16, Open||BOYS/GIRLS|
|P7||50 mtrs Manikin tow with fins||U -12, 14||BOYS/GIRLS|
|P8||100 mtrs Manikin tow with fins||U -16, Open||BOYS/GIRLS|
|P9||50 mtrs Obstacle swim||U -12||BOYS/GIRLS|
|P10||100 mtrs Obstacle swim||U -14||BOYS/GIRLS|
|P11||200 mtrs Obstacle swim||U -16, Open||BOYS/GIRLS|
|P12||200 mtrs Super lifesaver||U –12,14,16, Open||BOYS/GIRLS|
|P13||10 mtrs Line Throw||U –12,14||BOYS/GIRLS|
|P14||12 mtrs Line Throw||U -16, open||BOYS/GIRLS|
|P15||4x25 Manikin carry relay||U -12,14,16, open||BOYS/GIRLS|
|P16||4x50 Obstacle relay||U -12,14,16, open||BOYS/GIRLS|
|P17||4x50 Medley relay||U -12,14,16, open||BOYS/GIRLS|
|B1||Surf Race||B5||Board Rescue|
|B2||1 km Beach Run||B6||Taplin Relay|
|B3||Beach Sprint||B7||Rescue Tube Rescue|
|B4||Beach Flags||B8||Board Race|
*Applicable to all the four age groups for participation
To understand how to perform the events, click here.
To understand Beach & Surf Events, click here.
To understand Pool & Still-water Events, click here.