The Target Olympic Podium Scheme (TOPS), a flagship program from the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports which provides assistance to Indian athletes added Six swimmers for the Developmental Group for Olympic 2024. The meeting headed by DG, SAI and Shri Narinder Batra – President, IOA and representatives of various federations.
Below is the parameter to consider for TOPS Scheme:
- Global performance trends from the most recent Olympic Games, Paralympic Games, and World Championships
- Performance of competing for international counterparts (athletes) in the last three years
- High-performance age of a typical Olympic medalist specific to each event
- Performance of Indian athletes in 2016, 2017 and 2018 and their progression chart
- Feedback from NSF, National Observers, High-Performance Managers, Project Officers and Coaches, wherever applicable.
Listed Below swimmers selected in the Development Group are:
- Srihari Nataraj (100m and 200m backstroke)
- Advait Page (800m and 1500m Freestyle)
- Kushagra Rawat (400m and 800m Freestyle)
- Aryan Nehra (1500m Freestyle)
- Kenisha Gupta (50m and 100m Freestyle)
- Aryan Makhija (800m and 1500m Freestyle)
Sajan Prakash and Virdhawal Khade also included in the watch list, and their performance will be reviewed at the World Championships to be held in September 2019. In addition to this Maana Patel, Neel Roy, Likhit SP, Khushi Dinesh, and Lohith M, have been included in the watch list.